Monday, October 26, 2009

Or on $61k

I realize that giving up on my blogging for well over three weeks is probably not very good for maintaining the attention of anyone who has come to visit here on a semi-regular basis. I've obviously needed to be able to sort out some things.

I transitioned into my new position as of October 19th, although, the salary would not adjust to $45,000 until November 2nd. The week prior to the transition I was contacted by a rather large corporation who had an opening with them, however, they had already brought two different candidates into the final phases of the interview and decision making process. They wanted another option for comparison. With that I considered this only an interview exercise for a position I really, really wanted.

To my excitement and after more than nine hours of interviews with about seven different people over two days I was extended an offer for the position at $61,000. Not only is this a salary increase but it is also a move back into a Non-Exempt position which means I am eligible for overtime, which they’ve assured me is a guarantee.

I’ve already told the new company that I can’t possibly decline the offer. Not only will it keep me in a more comfortable financial position but it will also be a step in the right direction for my career. Unlike the new position I am in now, they are able to guarantee that the position will grow based on my previous experience, not to mention the company is very stable with a lot of tricks up its sleeves for 2009.

I will be able to return to contributing 10% of my salary to a 401k plan, accumulate money within my personal savings on a monthly basis and continue to attend school. It is a win-win situation for me that just happened to come at the right time. Not so right for the new company.

I hope that with these most recent events, I will be able to return to contributing to my blog in regular intervals.

No comments: