Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Affording Manhattan On $55k

I've been very excited to see that the visits to my blog have increased exponentially since I started this pursuit about two weeks ago. I was even more excited to find out that had received my third comment and it was someone who wanted to know more! :)

Anonymous said...

How can you afford Manhattan on 55k?

When I first read the comment I didn't know what to think. I wasn't sure if the person thought I was ridiculous, or even lying when I say that I live a rather comfortable lifestyle in Manhattan on this kind of salary. Does this person really want to know how I do it? Well, that is the whole point of the blog, isn't it?

I am sure most of you, anonymous included, would like to hear me say that I receive a familial subsidy every month to make sure that I make ends meet. Or, that I have been lying, cheating and stealing my way through the streets of Manhattan. Neither of these things are the case. In fact, they are far from the truth. I have not accepted a penny of assistance from my family during the seven years I have resided in Manhattan. In fact, I've never even asked anyone for a single penny.

I am going to take this comment as an invitation to start a Financial Chronicle. Over the next 7 weeks I will write one blog that represents my financial standing for that year:
  • How much I took home
  • How I spent my money
  • How I afforded my apartment
  • What sacrifices I made
I hope that you all look forward to hearing about the adventures leading up to my being Financially Independent in Manhattan! There will, of course, be other blog-a-licious updates throughout the next few weeks to keep you up to date with what is going on in real time.

Check back soon!

Mr. Findep Man

No comments: