Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hello.. Is there anybody out there?

I've made the plunge. Taking that first substantial leap in the blogosphere. I have been reading a number of financial blogs over the past few years and finally decided that this was my time. I am in no way a professional writer, nor am I equipped to give anyone solid financial advice. I enjoy reading about personal finance, tracking my networth and creating goals to strive for.

I have been living in New York City for well over 7 years now and in the past 3 years I have finally felt that I've crossed the threshold into Full Financial Independence. Now, that is not to say that I was financially dependent on anyone else. No. That is far from the truth. I've supported myself for the past 8 years. No one has provided me with hand outs and I never once received a loan from a family member. I just finally feel as though I am in a good place with my money that makes me less dependent on credit and more alive with an emergency fund.

I am pursuing my Bachelors degree at the moment. And yes, I've managed to have a relatively successful career despite the lack of any degree. I work full-time in Human Resources making $55,000 a year.

At this point, I am sure you've guessed it. I won't actually ever be telling you who I am or who I associate with. Now that I've shared my salary - I will be known to you from now on as Findep Man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences financially. I know that my time in Manhattan has been rough on the old bank account.. I look forward to hearing about your tips and tricks.

azphx1972 said...

Nice blog!

Mr. Findep Man said...

Thanks, azphx1972! I hope that as the blog grows you will stop by more often, tell your friends and contribute your thoughts!

Mr. Findep Man

Anonymous said...

How can you afford Manhattan on
55k?